Thursday, October 7, 2010

From one blog to another

yes, dears, this is technically a repost, but it bears repeating.

A few weeks ago on my other blog (cutelunchlady), I mentioned visiting the Fulton Street Farmer's Market - and I highly recommend you go as well, not only for the cheese, but for the high variety of incredible produce and hand made goods available there.  Go Local!

Speaking of, I am a very big supporter of the "Go Local" movement - not only because the food is fresher (and tastier! OM NOM NOM) but also because - and this is important - when you spend your money locally, it improves your local economy.  That's something we all could use a little more of - better economy.

Of course, ideally, you'd grow some produce of your own... but that's not always workable in the big busy city life.

Or is it?

Recently, I discovered Patti Moreno, the Garden Girl through the wonders of the internet.  And boy, has she ever proved us urban crazies wrong!  She has transformed her front and backyard into a mini-farm, complete with a fruit orchard, multiple vegetable patches, even livestock.  Go check her "farmette" out - it's wholly organic and entirely self-sustainable.  I aspire to arrive at the level of amazing she has reached.  Unfortunately, it's a little late in the season for me to get started on my gardens... but I am going to try the hydro-aquaponic garden in my rear window... as soon as I find a cheap, large fishtank (maybe I should go with two or three smaller ones?)

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment